Impact Measurement Workshop
Wednesday, 9 October 2019 | London
The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) have helped investors identify social and environmental issues to address as a means of achieving a more sustainable and inclusive future for all. Investors and capital allocators play a pivotal role in reaching these goals, but, in order for them to fully and most efficiently address these global challenges, a rigorous approach to impact measurement is required. Comprehensive guidelines and benchmarks are key for these stakeholders in understanding what creates significant positive impact, in tracking progress toward delivering the SDGs, and in better incorporating the tools needed to assess and measure outcomes.
EMPEA is therefore partnering with the Impact Management Project (IMP) — a forum for building global consensus on how to measure, compare, and report impact — to provide an Impact Measurement Workshop on 9 October 2019, with the generous support of CDC Group. In this interactive session the IMP’s Chief Executive, Clara Barby, will take participants through the emerging standards and best practices that have been agreed to date.
Please note that priority registration will be offered to fund managers and limited partners. If you are a service provider or another interested party and would like to attend, please register your interest by emailing EMPEA at [email protected]. Should there be space available, the EMPEA team will be in touch.
9:00 – 9:05 | Opening Remarks and Welcome
9:05 – 9:40 | Theory of Impact Measurement and Management
- The continuum: from ESG to impact
- Understanding impact on the SDGs
- Terminology matters: principles, frameworks, metrics, valuation
9:40 – 10:20 | Spotlights: Firm Approach
Faculty Firms & Presenters:
- International Finance Corporation: Neil Gregory, Chief Thought Leadership Officer, Economics and Private Sector Development
- Actis: Shami Nissan, Head of Responsible Investment
- CDC Group: Rob Davies, Manager, Impact Management
- Y Analytics: Greg Fischer, Chief Economist
10:20 – 11:20 | Breakout Sessions: What are the key elements and stages of the documentation process and how does this process work?
- Measuring the impact of an investment
- Mapping the impact of a multi-asset class portfolio
11:20 – 11:30 | Coffee Break
11:30 – 12:20 | Readout and Q&A with IMP
IMP will answer technical questions on implementation.
12:20 – 12:30 | Key Takeaways and Closing Remarks