For CAST 2017 Presenters
Thank you for presenting at CAST 2017: Houston, We Have a Solution!
Accepted presentations were notified on June 15, 2017. If you submitted a proposal and have not received an accepted or declined notification please contact [email protected].
Presenters will be notified of their scheduled session date, time and location in September. You will begin receiving updates once the schedule is posted, but can contact [email protected] if you have questions.
Additionally, CAST Presenters will receive a login to the CAST App Speaker's Portal to upload handouts and presentation materials in October.
Please see below, the terms and conditions for CAST Presenters.
Workshops, Short Courses and Exhibitor Workshops/Product Demo
- Presenters must register for CAST 2017 by October 15, 2017
- Presenters will receive an exclusive presenter t-shirt, presenters and their co-presenters as listed on their final proposal submission.
- Presenters will be responsible for all travel arrangements unless otherwise agreed upon STAT.
- Presenter's session will include the following: projector, projector cables, projector screen, microphone (if capacity of room is above 40), wireless internet access.
- Presenters should bring: laptop with presentation prepared, proper dongles to connect to projector if using a Mac, all equipment needed to run the session other than materials stated above. Please note that the wireless internet is available to all attendees but STAT can not guarantee it will work for streaming or for all participants using it in a session at once.
- Presenters agree to comply with all program-related deadlines provided by the Science Teachers Association of Texas, including, but not limited to deadlines for acceptance to present, presentation handouts or presenter bios.
- Presenters agree to a royalty-free license to use and distribute handouts and PowerPoint presentations to all STAT members through the CAST Phone App. This license does not change the fact that the presenter(s) will retain copyright ownership of their presentation, and does not prohibit presenters from using their presentation in any way or from allowing others to use it.
- Presenters authorize STAT to use their name, likeness, photograph and biographical data in connection with the use and promotion of the program.
- Presenters must check in when they arrive at the conference at Presenter Check In, located in Hall B3 on the 3rd floor of the George R. Brown Convention Center. Presenters are requested to check in at least one hour prior to their session and to arrive at their session rooms at least 20 minutes before the start time.
- No-shows without notification will be banned from presenting at future CASTs, regardless of reason.
- No presentations may be cancelled 90 days before CAST (August 9th, 2017), except for extenuating circumstances. Cancellation after the deadline may result in the presenter’s proposals not being considered for future CAST conferences. Cancellations will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis by the local committee.
- Only the primary presenters will be listed in the printed program, but all presenters will be listed in the phone app and online schedule. Please plan to have at least one co-presenter checking in attendees at the door and making sure rooms are not over capacity.
- Presenters must read and adhere to STAT's safety policy, which is from the National Science Teachers Association.
- Presentations may be videotaped for attendees to view after the conference. Presenter handouts will be made available only to CAST attendees and members of the Science Teachers Association of Texas. To the best of your knowledge, the presentation does not violate any proprietary or personal rights of others (including copyright, trademark and privacy rights), is factually accurate, and contains nothing defamatory or otherwise unlawful.
- Presenter has the full authority to enter into this agreement and have obtained all necessary permissions or licenses from any individuals or organizations whose material is included or used in the presentation.
- STAT will pay for the room rental for workshops and short courses, including setup of the tables and chairs. STAT will not pay for additional room setups or presenter supplies unless expressly agreed in writing.
Short Courses Additional Terms and Conditions:
- Short courses are 3-hour sessions that may have a cost to the presenter included. The presenter will be reimbursed for the total cost per registrant as requested on the presenter’s proposal application. According to CAST policy, short course presenters must not make a profit from their presentation and the requested fees should cover the cost of supplies and copies only. The local committee has the right to question the fees requested on a short course proposal.
- Commercial vendors promoting a product may not hold short courses for a fee.
- An additional $10 administrative fee will be added to each short course and will be paid by the registrant.
- Short course sessions may not change their scheduled dates after registration has gone live and registrants have purchased short course tickets.